Business Continuity Solution
Parker Plant are a recognised global leader in the manufacture of crushing and screening, asphalt, bitumen and road surfacing products and handling equipment for the quarrying, construction, road infrastructure and recycling industries.
Parker Plant approached Vital following a technical and business review of the Backup, Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity procedures surrounding their IT Infrastructure.
With a mixed physical and virtual infrastructure providing core network services, CRM, ERP and accounting services the business recognised that their incumbent solution could not provide the rapid time to recovery the business would demand in the event of a serious system failure or outage and was struggling to scale with the rapid data growth within the business.
- Significantly improve the existing Recovery Point Objective (RPO) of 24 hours
- Provide a Recovery Time Objective (RTO) that could allow the business to have key systems operational within a maximum of 1 hour in the event of even the most catastrophic system failures
- Support for Parker Plant’s mixed virtual and physical infrastructure
- A scalable solution that would grow with the rapid data increases within the business
- Secure, resilient and reliable off-site storage and redundancy
Vital worked with Parker Plant’s IT Manager to review both the technical aspects of the IT infrastructure and the business requirements for any future solution.
Having scoped out the business requirements we put forward our premium Business Continuity solution, Datto SIRIS, as an ideal fit for Parker Plant’s requirements.
Datto are an innovative provider of backup, DR and business continuity solutions. Used by thousands of businesses worldwide, Datto protect over 200 Petabytes of mission critical business data.
The Datto solution provided Parker Plant with a seamless, scalable Business Continuity solution.
The hybrid approach of the Datto SIRIS ensures Parker Plant’s data is protected both onsite and offsite, with secure replication to Datto Cloud.
The RPO has been drastically reduced down to just 1 hour, meaning the potential data loss in the event of system failure has been reduced by over 95%.
The local and offsite virtualization capabilities of the Datto solution mean that, in the event of disaster, Parker Plant’s systems can be back up and running with an RTO of just 15 minutes.