FRONT END WEB DESIGNER/DEVELOPER – Wetherby, West Yorksire
Basic Salary £25,000 – £35,000 DOE
Vital Technology Group are one of Yorkshire’s leading independent technology service providers, offering a range of managed IT, telecoms and digital services to more than 200 companies across the region.
Our speciailst web and digital division helps businesses with the design, development, optimisation and management of their online assets – from corporate B2B websites through to fully bespoke eCommerce systems.
As we embark on an exciting journey to become the recognised regional leader in our sector, we are looking for like-minded customer focused individuals who want to grow with us and be part of our journey.
We have an exciting opportunity for a front end web designer to join small the team in Wetherby, West Yorkshire.
Working with a wide range of clients across all sectors with hugely varying project specifications will give you an exciting role further developing your skills and experience.
The role is extremely varied and includes:
- Designing and developing websites which will work across all devices
- Using your creative skills to produce intuitive user interfaces
- Liaising with clients, project managing
The ideal person must be creative with a keen eye for detail and the ability to communicate effectively with both colleagues and clients. The individual must thrive on working under pressure to tight deadlines and be capable of working as part of a small team.
Using your unique eye for creativity, you must be able to translate the client’s wishes into an outstanding design whilst ensuring UI and customer journey are kept in mind.
- Familiar with integration with .NET websites – Programming experience (C#.NET, VB.NET)
- good working knowledge of html4 / xhtml for legacy applications
- Good working knowledge of Photoshop – primarily for website design.
- Knowledge of responsive design techniques – industry standard best practices (responsive, mobile first, etc.)
- A good understanding of UX and UI concepts
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Organised and self-motivated
- Ability to keep up with trends in web development and a willingness to learn new technology and skills
- Ability to write creative briefs
- You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Advantageous, but not essential:
- Good understanding of SEO and social media
- Experience with SVN or other version/source control
- Experience with Grunt, Gulp or other task runners
- preferably with working knowledge of css preprocessors (less, sass)
- Experience with wire-framing or prototyping tools
- Experience of templating for hosted ecommerce packages, i.e. Big Commerce, Shopify
- WordPress or other CMS experience
- Additional design or animation skills
An understanding of the need to consider SEO for web based applications, including the use of schema mark-up.
If you feel that you have what it takes to join the Vital team, please write to us at our postal address for the attention of the Sales Director, or email your CV to careers -at- vital.co.uk
You must include a covering letter giving an insight into your background, career goals, personality and fit for the role.