We are currently recruiting for a Technical Account Manager to join our growing team.
Working as the conduit between our commercial & technical teams and the customer, this is a varied and exciting position for the right candidate with a suitable balance of technical knowledge, commercial awareness and account management / customer service skills.
You will be working with, for and on behalf of a wide range of customers in multiple industries providing a fascinating, exciting and challenging opportunity to use your skills to bring value to a diverse range of organisations.
The role involves
- Meeting with existing clients on a regular basis to review service, address their needs and propose solutions that could help their business, address challenges or help them to uncover new opportunities through technology
- New business development opportunities, in particular assisting new business colleagues with technical validation and solution scoping in the pre-sales process
- Proactively account managing a base of existing customers to identify and introduce new commercial opportunities
- Managing the on-boarding of new customers during the handover from new business to account management
- Working as an escalation point and primary point of contact for any service issue, escalation or other query a customer may have
Applicants must be
- Commercially aware – you will be dealing directly with senior decision makers at our customers to discuss their business and must be able to understand their business challenges, goals and how technology could help.
- Excellent at dealing with customers – your role is entirely focussed on ensuring our customers receive the best possible service that ensures they remain customers for life
- Well grounded in an appropriate technology field – you must be able to understand each customer’s technology platform – from broadband routers to backup, email to ERP – to ensure that we are effectively supporting the customer, proactively managing their systems and fully aware of any opportunities, challenges or threats that may exist
- Capable of visualising complex IT solutions, documenting and describing these in a way that stakeholders and business owners can understand.
- Self motivated, highly discplined and goal oriented – you will be expected to work under your own steam, managing your own diary and schedule, meeting with customers and following up in a timely fashion, following issues and opportunities through to an outstanding conclusion.
If you feel that you have what it takes to join the Vital team, please write or email your CV – you must include a covering letter giving an insight into your background, career goals, personality and fit for the role.