Location: Wetherby, West Yorkshire + Flexible/Home Working
Salary: DoE £24k – £32k
Playing a pivotal role in delivering technical support to Vital Technology’s customers, our Support Heroes are, as the name describes, unique individuals who have specialist support & troubleshooting skills with advanced technical knowledge and experience to enable them to quickly and confidently provide customers with a resolution to their technical support issues within super quick timescales.
Using the specialist skills and experience you have honed working on the frontline of customer technical support, your mission is to provide our customers with immediate access to a highly skilled and capable Support Hero who can save the day and exceed their service expectations on their first contact with the Service Desk.
Using your powers of deduction and quick thinking you’ll rapidly draw together a plan of action to get the customer back up and working in double quick time. Support Heroes inspire confidence in our customers and are “Captains of Communication” when it comes to providing progress reports, eloquently conveying support updates by telephone or email to guarantee the customer is fully aware of the status of their ticket.
Our ‘whatever IT takes’ philosophy to outstanding customer support turns the traditional helpdesk structure on its head, with our customers dealing with competent 2nd/3rd line Support Heroes as their first point of contact.
You will be supported by our team of Support Ambassadors with routine support and service requests, and an advanced team of Technical Specialists for complex issue escalations.
- Provide a friendly and approachable first point of technical contact for all technical support requests from customers.
- Effective communication with customers to ensure they are engaged and aware in the progress of their support or service request – bad news is better than no news!
- Accurately record details of customer technical support requests via telephone
- Provide technical support and mentoring to the Support Ambassadors and when necessary help them to build a plan of action to resolve a customer issue.
- Work as part of a team to triage and manage inbound email queue and apply ticket management best practice working from highest to lowest priority, oldest to newest ticket.
- Actively contribute to knowledge management and documentation of common fixes and processes.
- Proved the customer with either a fix, work around or update on their technical support request within the First Resolution SLA.
- Triage all tickets and when necessary gather further information, evaluating and prioritising tickets depending on the impact to the customers productivity.
- Promote positive customer experience through delivery of SLA commitments and building relationships with Vital’s customers.
- Adhere to Vital ticket management best practice and way of working.
- Support the business in its strategic development by gaining accreditations to support vendor programs.
Experience + Qualifications
Vital are committed to a process of continual learning and continued professional development and actively encourage and develop our team with their own professional certifications.
As a minimum, those looking to join our Support Heroes team will posses
- Exceptional and demonstrable written, verbal, and analytical skills.
- At three years’ experience working in a fast-paced technical support environment with demonstrable ability to quickly and accurately record customer technical requirements.
- Good working knowledge of ITSM toolsets and ITIL practices
- Demonstrable experience supporting Microsoft cloud products including Azure and M365.
- Extensive experience providing remote support and assistance to a variety of customers preferably within a Managed Service Environment
- Microsoft Professional or similar certification at some level
As part of your personal develop plan and ongoing development members of the Support Heroes team will be expected to achieve the following professional certifications
- Microsoft Azure Fundamentals
- Microsoft 365 Fundamentals
- Microsoft Modern Desktop Administrator Associate
- Microsoft Azure Administrator Associate
- Gamma Horizon Technical Accreditation
We would invite interested candidates to contact us by email in the first instance on careers -at- vital.co.uk – please enclose a CV and covering letter outlining your skills, experience and interest in the position.