We are currently recruiting for
CUSTOMER SERVICE / CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP / JUNIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER
Wetherby, Yorkshire / Flexible Working
Basic Salary £25,000 to £32,000– DOE, plus performance related / commission scheme
Vital Technology Group are one of Yorkshire’s leading independent IT companies that provide a range of IT managed services to more than 200 companies across the region and the UK focussed on the Microsoft Cloud and Cyber Security.
We help to manage all aspects of a customers’ IT infrastructures from servers and desktops to applications, data, networks and cloud services. This encompasses a technical support helpdesk, helping our clients users with their day to day (BAU, in technical speak!) technical support needs, a range of IT solutions to address business needs such as backup and disaster recovery, as well as projects such as upgrades and cloud migrations and of course consulting and strategic guidance.
About the Role
We have identified an opportunity to grow our team and improve the service we deliver to our customers by adding supporting resources who will work with our customers to help meet their needs and provide further support outside of the day to day technical support, projects and service delivery requirements.
Specifically this means working directly with a portfolio of our customers as an additional point of contact and in support of our technical and account management teams to provide them with an additional layer of customer service and support in the areas of, for example
- Providing support directly to customers and their teams in a non-technical capacity to help them get the best experience from our support and service delivery functions
- Helping to manage and triage escalated issues with and in conjunction with our technical support teams
- Acting as a liaison and communication point of contact to help improve service in the event of major issues, escalations or complaints
- Working with our Directors and Service Manager on reporting, customer communications and service management
- Presenting and reporting service information such as KPI, SLA performance and so forth to customers and internally
- Supporting the Service Manager with other aspects of customer delivery management – client meetings, minuting, follow-ups, internal badgering and so forth!
Sales & Account Management
- Providing support to our Account Managers and Directors in a sales and pre-sales capacity
- Providing and following up quotes to customers for their day to day needs
- Attending client meetings, taking notes and minutes, and helping with follow up and more internal badgering
Whilst this is not a technical role, as our key point of contact for our customers within their trusted IT partner you must possess a solid level of technical understanding around the key components of a business IT infrastructure; their role and importance and the benefits and implications to your clients’ business. We can and will help the right candidates to develop this knowledge, but you’ll need to have a decent starting point!
The role offers excellent progression opportunities for ambitious, hard working candidates looking to develop a career in the IT industry – the role offers excellent routes into a number of critical IT roles such as sales Account Management and Service Delivery management.
Of course all the usual and obvious things apply for a role where you are working directly with customers – you need to be a clear, articular and effective communicator. We’ll be expecting and looking for you to work on behalf of our customers to chase things through to a positive conclusion – so you need to be detail oriented and persistent.
We welcome applicants to contact us by email on careers -at- vital.co.uk – please enclose a covering letter and CV