Location: Wetherby, West Yorkshire + Flexible/Home Working
Salary: DoE £18k – 25k
As a Support Ambassador, you provide crucial assistance to the Support Heroes, managing routine support and change requests, you will also liaise with the Technical Specialists to help resolve and document resolution of more complex technical issues which cannot immediately be fixed by the Support Heroes.
An aspiring Support Hero, you will be keen to develop new skills through personal development and working closely with the Technical Specialist team to build your knowledge and experience across a wide and diverse range of technologies.
Following in the footsteps of the Support Heroes, you will be keen to hone your people skills to become a “Captain of Communication” and provide our customers with regular status updates on the progress of their support request and ensure a positive customer service experience on every interaction with the business.
The Support Ambassador role will particularly suit any recent IT Apprenticeship graduates who are perhaps looking to continue and kick start their career in a fast paced, growing environment that actively supports personal development and opens up opportunities for our team.
- Provide support to the Support Heroes team by delivering exceptional support to customers across a range of routine and 1st/2nd line support and service requests, enabling our Support Heroes team to focus on rapid fantastic support to customers.
- Effective communication with customers to ensure they are engaged and aware in the progress of their support or service request – bad news is better than no news!
- Accurately record details of customer technical support requests via telephone, maintain and produce accurate and detailed notes in support of the work you have done for customers on their tickets
- Provide clear, effective communication on the telephone to customers both inbound and outbound
- Actively contribute to knowledge management and documentation of common fixes and processes.
- Proved the customer with either a fix, work around or update on their technical support request within the First Resolution SLA.
- Triage all tickets and when necessary gather further information, evaluating and prioritising tickets depending on the impact to the customers productivity.
- Promote positive customer experience through delivery of SLA commitments and building relationships with Vital’s customers.
- Adhere to Vital ticket management best practice and way of working.
- Support the business in its strategic development by gaining accreditations to support vendor programs.
- Work closely with the Heroes and Technical Specialist teams to understand, learn and effectively continue to develop your knowledge and support abilities whilst maintaining ownership and communication with customers
Experience + Qualifications
Vital are committed to a process of continual learning and continued professional development and actively encourage and develop our team with their own professional certifications.
As a minimum, those looking to join our Support Ambassador team will posses
- Exceptional and demonstrable written, verbal, and analytical skills.
- At least 1 years’ experience working in a fast-paced technical support or related environment with transferrable skills
- First to second line technical support abilities enabling you to hit the ground running by closing and communicating around routine support and service requests
- Demonstrable experience supporting desktop environments and exposure to server and cloud infrastructures.
- Experience providing remote support and assistance to a variety of customers preferably within a Managed Service Environment
- Microsoft MTA, CompTIA A+/N+ or similar entry level professional certification
As part of your personal develop plan and ongoing development members of the Support Ambassador team will be heavily encouraged and supported to continue your professional development towards further Microsoft certification to Associate level along with vendor qualifications from Vital’s solution portfolio
We would invite interested candidates to contact us by email in the first instance on careers -at- vital.co.uk – please enclose a CV and covering letter outlining your skills, experience and interest in the position.