Location: Wetherby, West Yorkshire + Flexible/Home Working
Salary: DoE £28k – £45k
As a Technical Specialist your key objective is to provide support, guidance and mentoring to the Support Heroes and Support Ambassadors across a range of complex and technically diverse issues raised through the Service Desk.
With extensive technical, skills, knowledge, and experience across a wide range of technologies you will be the escalation point for complex issues and the primary resolver group for high and critical priority tickets. Using your vast technical capabilities to quickly resolve issues which are impacting the customers ability to trade, you will liaise with our Consultants and Partners to quickly identify the root cause of the issue and implement a resolution within critical time scales.
Working closely with the Support Hero and Support Ambassador teams, you will help to identify and document technical resolutions for tickets which cannot be resolved within the timescale for the Support Heroes which in turn will help to drive first contact fix and enhance customer service experience and overall SLA achievement.
- Act as the primary point of technical escalation across the Support Heroes and Support Ambassador teams.
- Effective communication with customers to ensure they are engaged and aware in the progress of their support or service request – bad news is better than no news!
- Accurately record details of customer technical support requests via telephone and work with the Hero and Ambassador teams to route tickets to the most appropriate resource
- Provide technical support and mentoring to the Support Ambassadors and when necessary help them to build a plan of action to resolve a customer issue.
- Act as the primary technical point of contact , providing fast, effective and deep technical knowledge to all Critical and High priority tickets
- Work as part of a team to triage and manage inbound email queue and apply ticket management best practice working from highest to lowest priority, oldest to newest ticket.
- Actively contribute to knowledge management and documentation of common fixes and processes.
Experience + Qualifications
Vital are committed to a process of continual learning and continued professional development and actively encourage and develop our team with their own professional certifications.
As a minimum, those looking to join our Technical Specialist team will posses
- Exceptional and demonstrable written, verbal, and analytical skills.
- More than 3 years experience working in a fast-paced technical support environment with demonstrable ability to quickly and accurately record customer technical requirements.
- Good working knowledge of ITSM toolsets and ITIL practices
- Demonstrable experience supporting Microsoft cloud products including Azure and M365.
- Extensive experience providing remote support and assistance to a variety of customers preferably within a Managed Service Environment
- Multiple professional certifications and Microsoft qualification at MCSE, MCSA, Certified Administrator or similar
As part of your personal develop plan and ongoing development members of the Technical Specialist team will be expected and supported to continue their professional development and continue their Microsoft qualifications whilst also adding vendor certifications from Vital’s suite of solutions including Watchguard, Datto, Cisco and similar
We would invite interested candidates to contact us by email in the first instance on careers -at- vital.co.uk – please enclose a CV and covering letter outlining your skills, experience and interest in the position..