Location: Wetherby, West Yorkshire + Flexible/Home Working
Salary: DoE £28k – £40k
As a senior member of our Service & Support team your primary responsibilities will include
New client on-boarding – Following a rigorous, process driven and thorough on-boarding process for new customers to provide the best chance of success for early life cycle support. Identifying, understanding and most importantly documenting every detail of a new client’s IT infrastructure and systems – from desktop and laptop configuration, software applications, server and network hardware, cloud applications, 3rd party vendors and so on. You will be responsible for installing Vital’s toolset, configuring detailed monitoring, bring new clients up to best practice baseline and making suitable recommendations for improvements, upgrades or necessary changes.
Field escalated service – Working as part of our service and support desk team to provide on-site support where remote support has not been able to resolve an issue e.g. hardware failure, outages, device rebuild and similar.
Installations – Configuration, installation, deployment and documentation of a range of standard IT solutions including Desktops and Laptops, Firewalls, Router, Switches, WiFi Access Points and similar.
Project Delivery & Support – Working as part of our projects team on more complex deployments and implementations – Servers, Storage and Clustering, Virtualisation, Cloud Migrations, Azure and 365 Development and Security projects etc.
3rd Line Technical Support – Working when required as part of the support / service desk teams as an escalation point for routine support and service incidents.
Experience + Qualifications
Vital are committed to a process of continual learning and continued professional development and actively encourage and develop our team with their own professional certifications.
As a minimum, those looking to join as a Senior Field / Installations Engineer should possess at the minimum
- Exceptional and demonstrable written, verbal, and analytical skills.
- More than 3 years experience working in an outsourced IT Support / MSP / technical support environment with demonstrable ability to work under your own initiative, across a range of technologies to a high level.
- Good working knowledge of ITSM toolsets and ITIL practices
- Demonstrable experience supporting Microsoft cloud products including Azure and M365.
- Extensive experience providing remote support and assistance to a variety of customers preferably within a Managed Service Environment
- Multiple professional certifications and Microsoft qualification at MCSE, MCSA, Certified Administrator or similar
As part of your personal develop plan and ongoing development you will be expected and supported to continue your professional development and continue your Microsoft qualifications whilst also adding vendor certifications from Vital’s suite of solutions including Watchguard, Datto, Cisco and similar
We would invite interested candidates to contact us by email in the first instance on careers -at- vital.co.uk – please enclose a CV and covering letter outlining your skills, experience and interest in the position..